2023 Kate Spade Fake vs Real Guide: How to Know if Kate Spade is Original?
1. The Shape and Collection of Kate Spade
Examine the look and shape of the bags available and what collection they claim to be from. Many counterfeiters will get the print right, but then produce their bags with a shape from a different collection. Check out Kate Spade's line to make sure your bag fits both the shape and print.
2. The Materials of Kate Spade
While different materials are used for Kate Spade handbags, the most popular types include Saffiano leather, nylon, canvas, and suede. Saffiano leather should be stiff with a distinctive crosshatch texture and the finished edges should be clean and precise. Nylon and canvas should have a smooth texture, free of bumps and inconsistencies. They do offer nylon bags if you don't want a leather bag. They do the have vegan leather.
3. Pattern on Signature Fabric of Kate Spade
1) The "C" pattern will be crooked. Except for some newer patterns, like the "optic" or my new favorite "scarf print," the tip of the horizontal "C" facing the other "C" should touch. Also, the pattern should line up and start in the center of the front panel of the bag (same with the back panel). The center seam should go straight down through the middle of the CC's, and the pattern should be aligned horizontally and vertically. The pattern should line up on any front or back pockets, so that it looks like there is no break in the pattern. Note: Sometimes the pattern does not line up on side seams as this is nearly impossible to do.
2) Sometimes the "CC" will actually be a "GG" . If someone is selling you a "Kate Spade" bag which is imprinted with the letter "G" then logically it must be fake.
3) The best way to tell is to go to the Kate Spade website and look at the real thing, and then compare it to what you're looking and see if the pattern is different.
Money Saving Tip: If you like online shopping, don't forget to sign up at Extrabux.com！(What is Extrabux) , then you can enjoy up to 30+% cashback on your purchase from Extrabux! Sign-Up Bonus: Free to join it & get $20 welcome bonus!
4. The Logos and Stamping of Kate Spade
1) Kate Spade uses four types of labels: embossed, fabric, stamped, and metal inlay. They generally appear on the front top or bottom of a handbag.
2) Lettering on all labels should be lowercase (other than "NEW YORK" which is always right under "kate spade"), the same size, and the same font. If the logo ever features uppercase letters it is a fake.
The 't' in 'kate spade'should always align with the 'N' in New York, and the 'K' in New York should always be paralleled with the 'a' in 'Spade'.
3) Fabric labels will always be attached with real stitching, and will never be glued on. Leather stamps will display the same logo as fabric labels. Logos on every material should be straight and clear with consistent spacing between each letter.
5. The Serial Number of Kate Spade
1) Bags from the late 1960's did not have any serial number. Kate Spade added serial numbers to the creed in the 1970's - each bag had a unique number - a "serial number" in the true sense of the word. This was apparently true through the 1980's, and it was not until the 1990's that Kate Spade introduced the modern "registration format" of letters and numbers, with the last four digits indicating the style number of the bag - or, in the late 2000's, the last five digits.
2) Most Kate Spade bags have a "serial number" stamped on the inside, on a square patch of leather sewn into the lining. Some of the smaller purses (the "clutch," the "swingpack" and the "mini") do not have a serial number. The serial number typically consists of a series of numbers or a number-and-letter combination.
3) Careful, as fake Kate Spade bags also have a serial number - so just because the bag has a serial number does NOT mean the it is authentic.
6. The Country of Origin Label
1) Another important tag is the Country of Origin tag, which can usually be found in the bag's interior seam pocket. All Kate Spade bags made after 1996 should have a Country of Origin tag. Authentic Kate Spade handbags have been produced in a total of eight countries - USA, Italy, China, Taiwan, Dominican Republic, Indonesia, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
2) The majority of nylon bags made between 1996 and 2002 were produced in the USA (some made in Taiwan) and will have a tag featuring an American flag with “MADE IN USA” in all uppercase under the flag. Most leather, suede, and calf hair bags are produced in Italy, but the “made in Italy” tag will vary. The majority of Kate Spade handbags made after 2002, with the exception of leather handbags, are made in China and Indonesia.
7. The Stitching
The stitching on Kate Spade handbags should be straight, consistent, and evenly spaced. Though dependent on style, the stitching is usually the same color as the rest of the handbag. The same goes for the handbag's stitching quality, which should not snag or become loose over time.
8. The Lining
The lining of authentic Kate Spade handbags will vary -faux microsuede, faille, spade flower jacquard, faux-lambskin-leather lining and more, depending on when the bag was made, but the most common is nylon. The nylon lining should be smooth with consistent stitching. Since the lining colors and patterns have changed over the years, this will not be a solid indicator of authenticity.
9. The Hardware
1) The hardware on authentic Kate Spade handbags will be either gold or silver tone and all of the hardware should match.The hardware should feel heavy and high-quality and should never tarnish or rust.
2) Depending on the date of production, the "Kate Spade" logo should be stamped on most of the metal hardware - except the older "classic favorite" styles. The newer Kate Spade bags do not have the Kate Spade stamp on any of the nickel/brass hardware.
10. The Zippers
1) Although the zipper pull on a real Kate Spade bag will be made of leather or a series of rings, the actual zipper mechanism which pulls the two sides of the zipper together should be embossed with the letters "YKK". I have never seen a regular zipper pull on a Kate Spade bag - they are either made of leather, a single ring, or series or rings. This is one of the wonderful ways Kate Spade makes their products unique, down to the very smallest detail.
2) Examine the zipper and snaps. If they look to be of poor quality or show any signs of tarnish or rust, the bag is a fake.
11. The Feets
1) Typically, the feet of Kate Spade bags are 14-karat light gold plated, circular, flat and placed at each of the four corners of the bag. Kate Spade bags that do not have metal feet are the nylon Sam, Claire, Amy, Messenger bags and diaper bags.
2) For Kate Spade bags that come with feet, the feet are small and unobtrusive. They should not be large and they should not be cone-shaped or pyramid.
12. The Retail tag and card that come with the bag
1) Brand new authentic Kate Spade bags usually come with a retail tag that is green on one side with ‘Kate Spade New York’ on it. At the back of the retail tag, the style name and style number of the bag should be written on it with a barcode below. The style name should be in all small letters and common style numbers start with PXRU or PWRU followed by a 4-digit number.
2) Brand new authentic Kate Spade bags should also come with a green Kate Spade care card which tells you how to properly care for the bag.
Where To Buy Kate Spade Bag The Cheapest?
Kate Spade bags are available in boutiques worldwide and online. And you can also get a second-hand and vintage Kate Spade bags on some resale websites! Sign up at Extrabux.com, you can get up to 9% cash back on the second-hand Kate Spade bag purchase at these websites！
katespade.com (6-7% cashback)
surprise.katespade.com (6-7% cashback)
nordstromrack.com （3-4%cash back）
vestiairecollective.com (7.5-9% cashback)
TENWAYS CGO600 vs. CGO800S E-Bikes: Comparison and Reviews 2023
10 Best & Stylish Winter Coats for Women on NET-A-PORTER in 2023
Top 12 Items That Are Always Cheaper at Sam's Club!
Top & Best 12 Sneaker Apps/Websites for Raffles, Releases & Restocks in 2023
7 Best Gift Card Exchange Sites - Buy, Sell and Trade Discount Gift Card Safely and Instanly!
Top in 3hrs
Korean, Japanese, Malaysian......
Top in 24hrs
Up to 10% Cash Back