Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis Authentic vs Fake Guide 2021: How To Spot A Fake (Sizes+7% Cashback)
How To Tell If Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis Bag Is Authentic?
1. Monogram Pattern
1) The "V" of the LV logo should be slightly above the L without touching the of the letter "L". An authentic Louis Vuitton product should have an even pattern that is well matched and proportionate.
2) We can see that on the front of authentic Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis, the patterns are always the same. The outside canvas/leather is one piece so the patterns are upside down on the back of the bag.
2. Louis Vuitton Date codes
1) The format of the date codes
Just because a LV Pochette Metis bag has a date code, it does not necessarily mean it is authentic.
Prior to early 1980s：No date codes.
Early 1980s: Three or four numbers with the first two numbers representing the year and last number(s) representing the month.
Early to late 1980s：Three or four numbers followed by two letters with the first two numbers representing the year, the next number(s) representing the month and the last two letters representing the country.
1990 to 2006:Two letters followed by four numbers with the first two letters representing the factory location, the first and third numbers representing the month and the second and fourth numbers representing the year.
2007 to now: Two letters followed by four numbers with the first two letters representing the factory location, the first and third numbers representing the week of the year, and the second and fourth numbers representing the year.
2) Louis Vuitton Factory Location Codes:
France: A0, A1, A2, AA, AAS (Special Order), AH, AN, AR, AS, BA, BJ, BU, DR, DU, DR, DT, CO, CT, CX, ET, FL, LW, MB, MI, NO, RA, RE(also Italy), RI, SD (also USA), SF, SL, SN, SP, SR, TJ, TH, TR, TS, VI, VX.
Germany: LP, OL. Italy BC, BO, CE, FO, MA, OB, PL, RC, RE, SA, TD.
Spain: BC, CA, LO, LB, LM, LW, GI, UB.
Switzerland: DI, FA (also Italy).
USA: FC, FH, LA, OS, SD, FL.
Italy: BO, CE, FA, FO, RE, MA, NQ, PL，PC.
For example, the bag's date code (SD0064) has the correct numbers, placement, and the correct stamping. As you can see from my breakdown below this bag is from 2004.
SD: Made in France;
1st & 3rd Numbers: Month of manufacturing – June;
2nd & 4th Numbers: Year of manufacturing – 2004.
3) Remember: The lettering on the date code should match the country listed on the outer tab. If your date code said “LPxxxx”, but the outer tab said "made in USA" then you know it's a fake bag.
However one more thing, some LV bags have conflicting date codes because they are repaired abroad. Louis Vuitton never repeats date codes but adds a new one after repairmen.
4) Where is the date code on a Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis？
The date code on the Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis can be found behind the inner pocket of the leather label. Most date codes are a combination of letters and numbers. The letters indicate the country where the item was produced, and the numbers indicate the month/year of the production date.
Saving Tip: If you like online shopping, don't forget to sign up at Extrabux.com！(What is Extrabux),then you can enjoy up to 30%+ cashback on your order from Extrabux! Sign-Up Bonus: Free to join it & get $20 welcome bonus!
3. Louis Vuitton Heat Stamp
1) The real Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis bag's interior print has its letters at the right font-weight and shape, since they are looking on point.
2) The font of the heat stamp on the leather tab - specifically the "O". The "O"must be a circle shape and not an oval shape. And the two "TT" are so close they almost have a continuous horizontal line.
On the fake bag, not only the most letters are too thin, but there are present a few letters that are too thick.
4. The Font of Logo/“Made in” Tag
“Made in" Tags in Pochette Metis are inside the bag. The made in tag consists of "®" on the first line, "LOUIS VUITTON" on the second line, "PARIS" on the third, "made in xx country" on the last line. All lines are centered, "LOUIS VUITTON PARIS" are always in uppercase and "made in" are always in lowercase. If the bag is made in the USA, then there will not be a "made in" line. Instead, there will be a piece of fabric sewed in the bag stating "made in U.S.A of imported materials”. Firstly, the registered trademark symbol (®) is slightly smaller on the authentic Louis Vuitton.
1）The font of the logo is a unique font specially researched by LV, which is independent of the Word font world. The biggest differences are "O" and "e". The authentic Louis Vuitton always has round and large "O" and it applies to all Louis Vuitton bags.
2) The bottom of the "V" in the LOUIS VUITTON in the genuine LV hot stamping is particularly sharp, while the fake one is not so sharp.
3）The last flick of the "R" in the word PARIS. The legs of letter "R" of real bag are connected together to form an acute angle; the legs of "R" of fake bag are separated.
5. Shape of Bag
The middle position of the real Pochette Metis bag forms a natural concave character inward and outward, and the arc is very natural and rich in texture. The whole body is very soft and the bag weight is very light. The curvature on the left and right sides of the body is very natural and smooth.
1) Usually a typical Louis Vuitton Monogram canvas bag will feature either gold-tone brass, silver-tone brass or plated base metal hardware. The LV Pochette Metis bag has a brass metal lock. The metal buckle, zipper head, and rivets are all engraved LV logo. Some are engraved with laser, and some are formed in one piece, with different craftsmanship, and the overall design is exquisite.
2) The hardware on the authentic LV Pochette Metis is made of brass metal. Compared with a fake, the real Louis Vuitton hardware has more of a bronze color, and replicas usually have a golden color.
3）Zippers：The overall shape of the original puller is completely different from the fake, as it is thinner and more defined. Louis Vuitton logo is again a problem on the fake model, as the letters are supposed to be engraved deeply and defined too.
1) Remember the signature Louis Vuitton stitching: each thread is the same length and it's slightly angled where the left is lower while the right is higher.
2) The authentic handle is routed with an 8-needle half-slash method, each of the slashes is almost 45°, and the stitching at the position of the wrist stitch is a 3-needle two backtack method, and there are two threads in the 3-needle that overlap. There are two stitches of double suture on the ears.
8. Handle Strap
Pay attention to two points on the bag strap: one is the car line - the genuine car line is thin and white, the fake car line is very yellow. The second is the font on the strap - the original letter is smaller, and the face fake has a larger font.
9. Edge Paint
1) The quality of the oil side directly reflects the quality of the bag. Because hand-oiling is a very technical process. Only bags with good leather and good design and affordable prices will choose all-hand-oiling, and they can afford the manual cost.
2) Each layer of the oil edge of the genuine is painted by hand with a cotton swab dipped in a small amount of paint, and after repeated polishing and coloring, the oil edge color is very clear and uniform. The authentic edge paint is bright and the paint is thick. The fake is a dark red seal with a thin layer, and the leather is recessed.
The iside of different Bags have specific design. For example, the inside of Monogram Canvas is dark brown, Reverse Monogram is black, Empreinte Marine Rouge is red with navy lines and Empreinte Noir (black) is gray with black lines. One thing worth mentioning is that the canvas on the inside of the front flap of the Reverse Monogram Pochette Metis, is right side up.
11. Dust Bag
In this case the authentic dust bag has larger letters while the fake has much smaller and thinner text.
12. Packaging and Wrapping
1) An authentic Louis Vuitton bag should never be wrapped with plastic around the handle. Designer bags with plastic bags with handles are usually fake.
2) The real Louis Vuitton handbags do have labels, but they are only placed in the inner bag or dust bag of the handbag and NEVER attached to the bag itself with plastic or pins.
3) The authentic Louis Vuitton bags never come with a plastic (yellow) authenticity card.
Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis Bag Sizes
LV Pochette Métis Model
9.8 x 7.5 x 3.5 inches
Embossed Monogram Empreinte Leather
7.9 x 9.7 x 4.1 inches
7.9 x 5.5 x 2.4 inches
Where To Buy Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis Bag The Cheapest?
Louis Vuitton bags are available in Louis Vuitton boutiques worldwide and online. And you can also get a second-hand and vintage LV Speedy on some resale websites! Sign up at Extrabux.com, you can get up to 6-7% cash back on the second-hand LV Pochette Métis bag purchase at these sites！
vestiairecollective.com (Up to 6-7% cash back)
13 Best Luxury Online Shopping Sites with Highest Cashback in 2021 (Coupon Code+Sale+14% Cashback)
Up to 14% Cashback!
Coach vs. Kate Spade vs. Michael Kors Bag: Which Brand is the Best? (History, Quality, Price & Design)
Up to 12% Cashback!
What Percentage of Retinol is Best Suited to Your Skin?
Up to 15% Cashback!
Reviews & Swatches: 7 Popular MAC Matte Lipstick Shades 2021
Up to 6% Cash Back
Top in 3hrs
Korean, Japanese, Malaysian......
Contains the best hot chips!