Chanel Boy Bag Authentic vs Fake Guide 2021 (Sizes + Sale + 7% Cashback)
Chanel Boy Bag Authentic vs Fake Guide
1、The Caviar Skin Leather
1) How to spot a fake Chanel Boy bag might be super complicated if you are not familiar with fabrics.
The real Chanel Boy bag is crafted from grained calfskin leather while the fake one looks too glossy and the leather feels very stiff when holding it.
2) Caviar skin leather which is very commonly used by Chanel. It looks bubbly and is super durable. Another good thing about original leather is how it does not show any scratches through its grainy look. It's supposed to have much smaller "bubbles" than it appears on the fake leather.
3) The fake Boy bag also has an acrylic smell to it, which is a common sign of a replica bag.
2、Chanel Boy Bag Pattern
You can easily notice in the real vs fake Chanel Boy bag image above how the fake Chanel Boy bag has its diamond-shaped pattern looking way too small compared to the authentic Chanel bag’s pattern of the diamonds.
3、Chanel Boy Authenticity Card Real vs Fake
If there is no "date code", "serial number" and "identity card", then authentication guidelines are incomplete. Chanel sets itself apart from counterfeits using carefully devised numbering systems like any other luxury brand.
1) The authenticity card should not be made from paper or any flimsy material. And it should also come with a 2×2 sized envelope that is in an off-white color.
2) Authenticity card has a gold border. The border of a fake card can be unevenly placed on the card and have a holographic/rainbow reflection.
3) Other inconsistencies include the font size, the type used for the bag number, and the fake-looking symbol sticker on the upper right corner. Upon closer inspection, I discover a very small difference in the font size used in the authenticity card. The fake has slightly bigger lettering in comparison to the authentic.
4、Authentic Chanel Boy Bag Serial Number
1 ) The serial number on the Chanel bag indicates the model and year of production of the bag, and the serial number should match with the authentication card number.
If you like online shopping, don't forget to sign up at Extrabux！(What is Extrabux) , then you can enjoy up to 30+% cashback on Lady Dior bag purchase from Extrabux! Sign-Up Bonus: Free to join it & get $20 welcome bonus!
2) To the left of the interior label is where you'll find the hologram tab with the bag's unique serial number. Cross-referencing the serial number and date of production helps to determine authenticity.
3) Chanel Le Boy is a new bag created by Galeries Lafayette in 2011. The 15-series was the first line of Boy bags, produced in 2011 to be launched in 2012. If your bag has a serial number beginning with a number lower than 15, that would be a sign of fake bag.
5、The Chanel CC Logo
The CC logo is the most recognizable symbol of the brand, a specific identifier of your bag. Make sure that the C's overlap properly whether it is hardware or a stitched logo.
Authentic Chanel bag logo will have the right 'C' overlapping the left 'C' at the top and the left 'C' overlapping the right 'C' at the bottom. If the placement looks off, it's a fake.
6、The Inside Label
Notice how the top of the text isn't parallel to the stitching on the right. It slopes down just ever so slightly, but real Chanel product inspectors wouldn't let a detail like this slide.
7、The Metal Plaque
1) The overall shape of the metal plaque is supposed to be equal and very symmetrical too. The overall shape is supposed to be rectangular too.
2) The middle sphere also has some troubles on the fake model: it is supposed to be much rounder and the logo on it has to have the same font as shown on the authentic model.
3) The fake Chanel Boy bag looks just a bit thicker where the C's make contact (at the top and the bottom of the C's), while on the authentic Chanel Boy bag, you can easily notice how the C's don't look like they are at different weights, but they look just welded.
4) The authentic bag clearly has a golden color, with just a little bit of grainy effect to it.
5) The fake bag has the metal placed too close to the edge of the bag, and the authentic bag is placed lower than the fake one. And the fake bag’s metal logo’s corners appear to be curvier than the authentic Chanel bag’s corners of the metal logo.
The Chanel Boy bag features the quilted diamonds on its exterior bordered by linear edging. Chanel uses a very high stitch count in their classic diamond quilt which allows the bags to last for years. A low stitch count on a fake will make the quilting look puffy and uneven. Also be aware of sloppy or frayed stitching.
Hardware on a real Chanel bag is heavier and more substantial than on a fake. On each side of the bag, there is a rectangular piece of hardware that attaches the strap to the bag, The logo on it should have clean, flat lettering which should never be curved or bubbled.
The materials should be excellent and the construction, flawless. The bag should have perfect quilting, even stitches, and affixed hardware.
Chanel uses different kinds of zippers depending on the bag, but the most notable types are Lampo, the DMC, the YKK, the eclair zipper, the triple 'C' in a circle and an unmarked zipper for very vintage Chanel bags. You can use the information that you gleaned from your serial number to determine what year your bag was manufactured and therefore what type of zipper your bag should come with.
1) The Chanel Boy comes with a chain strap that should be polished in either a gold or silver finish. Regardless of the colors of the chain straps, they should be in a finish that is somewhere between matte and glossy. Chain straps on counterfeits always make the mistake of finish theirs in either a super matte finish or a blinding glossy finish.
2) Authentic Boy bag should have smaller chains and should be linked closer to each other. On the other hand, the fake bag has longer chains that are spaced farther apart from each other.
On the underside of the flap, you'll see that the lock has four 6-sided star screws. If you see flat-head screws, this is a surefire way to tell if the bag is fake.
13、Inside Of Chanel Boy Bag
1) The Boy bag's interior is streamlined and minimal with a simple fabric lining, which keeps the bag lightweight.
2) The interior label features a stamp that reads CHANEL MADE IN and it is usually embossed directly into the lining of the bag or on a leather patch. The color of the logo stamp will always match the color of the hardware, so a bag with gold hardware should have a gold stamp. Chanel bags are made in either Italy or France. Watch out for stamps that read “made in Paris.”
3) Fonts in Chanel stamps is always clean and sharp. Be aware of crooked or messy logos with blurred fonts and uneven spacing.
14、Bottom of the Bag
The authentic Chanel Boy is excellently crafted without the gold hardware appearing at the bottom of the front flap.
15、Chanel Boy Dust Bag real vs fake
On the authentic duster, you can see that "CHANEL" is written in white, bold letters centered in the middle. On the fake duster , you can see that "CHANEL" is written in a faded grey color. It is also written in the wrong front, which appears to be thinner. The fake logo is also slightly off-centre on the duster.
16、Chanel Boy Bag Sizes
Another thing that separates true Chanel Boy bags from their fake copies is its size. According to the Chanel website, the bag comes in four sizes:
Small (7.9″ x 4.7″ x 3.1″)
Medium (Old: 9.8″ x 5.9″ x 3.5″, New: 11″ x 7″ x 3.5″)
Large (11.8″ x 8.3″ x 3.9″)
Tote (12.6″ x 9.1″ x 6.5″)
Where To Buy Chanel Boy Bag The Cheapest?
Chanel bags are available in Chanel boutiques worldwide and online. And you can also get a second-hand and vintage Chanel bag on some resale websites! Sign up at Extrabux.com, you can get up to 7% cash back on the second-hand Chanel Boy bag purchase at these sites！
vestiairecollective.com (Up to 7% cash back)
collectorsquare.com (Up to 4.9% cash back)
whatgoesaroundnyc.com (Up to 4% cash back)
farfetch.com (Up to 2% cash back)
13 Best Luxury Online Shopping Sites with Highest Cashback in 2021 (Coupon Code+Sale+14% Cashback)
Up to 14% Cashback!
Coach vs. Kate Spade vs. Michael Kors Bag: Which Brand is the Best? (History, Quality, Price & Design)
Up to 12% Cashback!
What Percentage of Retinol is Best Suited to Your Skin?
Up to 15% Cashback!
Reviews & Swatches: 7 Popular MAC Matte Lipstick Shades 2021
Up to 6% Cash Back
Top in 3hrs
Korean, Japanese, Malaysian......
Top in 24hrs
To make your Mac OS run faster and perform better!
Contains the best hot chips!