YSL Niki Bag Real vs Fake Guide 2024: How To Authenticate A Fake (Sale+8% Cashback)
1) The Y's left arm - thicker than the right - sits beneath the S, while the right arm is above. The S then swoops behind the bottom half of the Y, overlaps the L and tucks behind it. The top and the bottom rounded corners of the letter "S" appears to be less sharp than they have to be. Also, note the slope of the L; it starts wider at the top and narrows as it hits the horizontal leg. You can look at the quality of the metal YSL logo. The YSL logo will also include four mock nail heads on the outlying corners. Though not functional, they should always be present.
2) The "YSL" lettering of fake bag is not placed exactly in the middle and is not clean.
1) The YSL Niki Bag in Vintage Leather is made with 100% calfskin leather or 100% Lambskin . With a crinkly, glossy finish, the bag looks a lot shinier in person than it appears online. The sales associate mentioned that with wear, the leather will take on a more matte finish but as it stands, the glossy finish is quite durable and scratch-resistant.
2) We have already mentioned the crinkliness of the authentic leather which still has shininess to it. On the other hand, the leather on the replica Yves Saint Laurent Niki looks like dried earth with clefts.
3、 The Saint Laurent Paris Leather Label Tag
1) Generally speaking, since 2012 the label has no longer appeared under the name Yves Saint Laurent, but has been renamed Saint Laurent. So it is quite possible that the design of older models differs from that of the newer models.
2) The shape of the label - each corner of the metal on the original Yves Saint Laurent bag is well defined and squared and each side of the original label is perfectly even whereas on the fake YSL bag they are bent and just not what they are supposed to be.
3) The fake Saint Laurent lettering is done in silver and the letters are super big while they are supposed to be small, symmetrical, and golden.
4) A key feature is that the "T" in the words Saint and Laurent should touch the "N" in front of it. It's best to always check the quality of the metal logo and the placement.
4、The Heat Stamp of Saint Laurent Paris
1) On the underside of a Saint Laurent bag's flap, you'll see the signature Saint Laurent / Paris embossed on the leather.
2) Saint Laurent Paris should be capitalized in a sans serif font. "R" and "E" in the brand "SANT LAURENT" are special fonts, "E" is the shortest in the middle, and the third is the longest.
3) The font of the brand logo and the "NT" of the logo lettering must be connected together which are same as the letters on label. But the letters on the metal hardware, the N and T are separate.
4) The slope ofthe Rleg in Laurent is rounded, while the R leg in Paris is straight. Counterfeiters will frequently use the same font throughout. The "S" in "PARIS" is a special font. Compare the shape of the S. The angle of the As and the spacing of the letters.
5) Note that the bronzing is light gold. It is not silver. Most of the products on the market are made of silver.
Saving Tip: If you like online shopping, don't forget to sign up at Extrabux.com！(What is Extrabux),then you can enjoy up to 30%+ cashback on your order from Extrabux! Sign-Up Bonus: Free to join it & get $20 welcome bonus!
5、Authentic YSL Serial Number
1) You can find a serial number tag inside of a original YSL bag, it is sewn to the lining and is usually located near the zipper on the top. The tag can't be sewn into a stitch, but it's carefully sewn to the lining around the edges. A serial number tag looks like a rectangular-shaped piece made of natural leather and its color is the same as the color of the bag. To find theserial number you just need to look at the opposite side of the tag.
2) If you are not sure about the serial number, you can either inquire directly at a Saint Laurent store or inquire on the official website. Many Saint Laurent bags also have the “made in italy ” lettering under the serial number, depending on the model and year of manufacture, this lettering may also have been embossed in capital letters.
3) The leather tag has the brand logo and the number indicating the ID code, the number is clearly engraved, and there is MADE IN xxx under the number. Note that there should be only one row of digits, two rows is a tell-tale sign that the bag is a fake.
4) Vintage YSL bags always have a serial number, inside. It's 12 digits sepbarated by adot. Newer styles, however,hatree ltee 6 dgits, then another 4 digits separated by adot. In new models you can find 3 letters and then 10 digits also separated by adot.
5) First 6 digits denote the style number. Next 4 digits are the date code. Regarding the last 4 digits, the first 2 digits are the production month while the last 2 digits look like prodtioin year.
The authentic YSL niki bag has robust and regular stitching. All lines are parallel. There should never be any double stitching in the middle of a row or in an unexpected place. Stitching irregularities or double stitching are signs of a fake Saint Laurent Bag. The line of the outside of NIKI is aligned with the diagonal line inside, too.
The bag opens to a soft, suede-lined interior. The soft material might be luxurious to the touch. YSL label on the inside of the bag is never smudged and always evenly aligned. Authentic Saint Laurent bag has an interior slot pocket.
8、The Magnetic Closure
It's matte and sanded whereas the fake YSL bag one is shiny and reflective. The authentic magnetic closure has Saint Laurent PARIS lettering on it. Each letter on the authentic closure is thick, wide, and deeply engraved, but the same can't be said about the fake bag. The font needs to be mentioned too - the letters of N and T on the metal are separate.
1) The authentic zipper color goes well with other details of the Yves Saint Laurent bag whereas the fake zipper is pale silver which makes it look cheap overall.
2) Each tooth of the original zipper on the YSL Bag is shorter and closer to each other, which means that the slider will move smoothly.
10、The Zipper Puller
1) The authentic puller of Niki bag is narrow and long with very neat stitching that is secure. On the other hand, the fake puller is wider, shorter with asymmetrical and loosened stitching that might come off any time.
2) Colors are different too - the original puller is pitch-black, whereas the fake one is silver.
3) There is also a SAINT LAURENT logo on the zipper puller, and the font rules are the same as before on the Leather Label. The replica font is larger and wider too in the picture.
The SAINT LAURENT name should be engraved on the circles around the chain holes, both on the outside and inside of it. The font of the brand logo and the "NT" of the logo lettering must be connected together. But the font on the metal circle, N T is separate.
1) The Niki bag itself is very light, but the brushed gunmetal silver chain adds some weight. The two chains are connected by a leather strap, so they can rest comfortably on the shoulder. The belt is convertible and you can wear Niki as a shoulder bag or crossbody bag.
2) The SAINT LAURENT PARIS logo is also engraved on the shoulder strap. The font should be same as it on zipper puller.
3)The crinkled vintage leather that we see on the authentic model is replicated poorly on the fake bag.
1) Saint Laurent bags are distinguished with their unique chains. In the case of fake designer bags, the metal is often mixed with aluminum, which makes the material lighter and brittle. Make sure that the hardware does not look washed or even peels off. The metal should be the same color at all points.
2) The fake chain is flat and it does not have the same dimensional shape as it is in the real niki bag: thick, wide chain elements with sanded, matte effect. The corners of each link of the fake product are sharper than the authentic one.
14、Saint Laurent Dust Bag real vs fake
1) An original Saint Laurent bag always comes, always, with a dust bag. This protects your designer bag from direct sunlight, as well as from moisture. The typical Saint Laurent logo - the intricate YSL Monogram-or the white lettering on a black background "Saint Laurent Paris".
2) The color of the dust bag can vary with the older models from the times of YSL. Until 2012 the fashion house still bore the name "Yves Saint Laurent". In June 2012 came the big change and from YSL was "Saint Laurent Paris". Additionally the label received a re-branding in the year: from a slim and graceful typography a rather simple lettering was created. Fashioninsider watched: Typographically, "Saint Laurent" was placed in Helvetica and "Paris" in a serif font called Copperplate.
3) There is also a white label inside the dust bag, indicating where the product was manufactured. Some fake dust bags have wrong fonts- bigger and have different textures.
15、YSL Authenticity Card
All authentic YSL bags are equipped with a white authenticity card and a black care manual, placed in a black envelope with white lettering. The font of the card in the fake bag is incorrect and it's light silver instead of white.
Where to buy YSL bags the cheapest?
See on these site for the best worldwide choice of new and second-hand YSL Niki with good prices. You can enjoy up to 8% cashback from Extrabux by signing up at Extrabux !
farfetch.com (1.5-2% cashback)
saksfifthavenue.com (3-4% cashback)
net-a-porter.com (5.5-6% cashback)
matchesfashion.com (6.5-8% cashback)
ssense.com (2.5-3% cashback)
harrods.com (2.5-3% cashback)
Used YSL Niki bag：
us.vestiairecollective.com (5-6% cashback)
collectorsquare.com (4-4.9% cashback)
10 Best & Stylish Winter Coats for Women on NET-A-PORTER in 2024
Top & Best 12 Sneaker Apps/Websites for Raffles, Releases & Restocks in 2024
7 Best Gift Card Exchange Sites - Buy, Sell and Trade Discount Gift Card Safely and Instanly!
Top 9 Professional Skincare Brands for Licensed Estheticians 2024
13 Best Luxury Online Shopping Sites with Highest Cashback in 2024 (Coupon Code+Sale+14% Cashback)
Up to 14% Cashback!