Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 Original vs. Fake: 13 Ways to Tell A Real (Sizes+Sale+7% Cashback)
How To Spot A Fake Louis Vuitton Speedy Bag?
1) Although the colors and textures might differ, the prints are always the same. For example, on the front/back of Speedy 25 Monogram bag, there are 6 solid-color flowers in one row, and 3 hollows plus 3 LV in one row. On the front/back of Speedy 25 Damier Ebene & Azur, there are 15 square grids in a row (8 and 7 dark or light squares respectively).
2) In The authentic bag when you touch the leather it feels that the canvas is thicker and has a purple undertone. Whereas the fake Speedy feels thinner and has a more noticeable brown undertone.
2. About Monogram Toile Canvas Print
The Monogram Toile canvas is been launched in 1896 and was based on the trend of Japanese and Oriental designs in the late Victorian era. Below you will find some basic rules that apply to most Louis Vuitton Monogram products:
1) The "V" of the LV logo should be slightly above the L without touching the of the letter "L". An authentic Louis Vuitton product should have an even pattern that is well matched and proportionate! The asymmetrical pattern (for example from left upper corner to right down corner) of an authentic Louis Vuitton Monogram pattern should be: a LV logo, a quatrefoil flower, a flower in a circle, again a quatrefoil flower and again a LV logo. This pattern should repeat until you reach a stitch on the opposite side.
2) As the largest piece of the bag, except for seeing the changes in color, texture, pattern etc., one important thing about Speedy (and Keepall) is that it is always on a piece canvas which means that one side of a bag will have the logo upside down.
3. Heat Stamped Logo On Leather Tab
1) In the picture below, you will see the differences in the font with the authentic and the fake LV SPEEDY. One of the first things we always look at is the font of the heat stamp on the leather tab - specifically the "O". The "O"must be a circle shape and not an oval shape. And the two "TT" are so close they almost have a continuous horizontal line. The heat stamp border trim is also all on the 6 necessary spots.
2) You will also notice other subtle differences on the leather tab. The stamped logo on the leather tab is positioned closer to the stitching on the authentic Speedy compared to the fake one.
If you like online shopping, don't forget to sign up at Extrabux！(What is Extrabux) , then you can enjoy up to 30+% cashback on your purchase from Extrabux! Sign-Up Bonus: Free to join it & get $20 welcome bonus!
4. Logo Font
1）The font of these lines is a unique font specially researched by LV, independent of the Word font world. The bottom of the V in the LOUIS VUITTON in the genuine LV hot stamping is particularly sharp, while the fake one is not so sharp.
2）Note that the last flick of the "R" in the word PARIS. The legs of letter "R" of real bag are connected together to form an acute angle; the legs of "R" of fake bag are separated.
5. Louis Vuitton Date codes
Date codes on Louis Vuitton Speedy bags can be found behind the inner pocket on a leather tab. Most date codes are a combination of letters and numbers. The letters indicated the country in which the item was made while the numbers indicate the month/year of the production date.
1) The format of the date codes
Just because a Speedy bag has a date code, it does not necessarily mean it is authentic!
Prior to early 1980s：No date codes.
Early 1980s：Three or four numbers with the first two numbers representing the year and last number(s) representing the month.
Early to late 1980s：Three or four numbers followed by two letters with the first two numbers representing the year, the next number(s) representing the month and the last two letters representing the country.
1990 to 2006：Two letters followed by four numbers with the first two letters representing the factory location, the first and third numbers representing the month and the second and fourth numbers representing the year.
2007 to now：Two letters followed by four numbers with the first two letters representing the factory location, the first and third numbers representing the week of the year, and the second and fourth numbers representing the year.
2) Louis Vuitton Factory Location Codes:
France: A0, A1, A2, AA, AAS (Special Order), AH, AN, AR, AS, BA, BJ, BU, DR, DU, DR, DT, CO, CT, CX, ET, FL, LW, MB, MI, NO, RA, RE(also Italy), RI, SD (also USA), SF, SL, SN, SP, SR, TJ, TH, TR, TS, VI, VX.
Germany: LP, OL. Italy BC, BO, CE, FO, MA, OB, PL, RC, RE, SA, TD.
Spain: BC, CA, LO, LB, LM, LW, GI, UB.
Switzerland: DI, FA (also Italy).
USA: FC, FH, LA, OS, SD, FL.
Italy: BO, CE, FA, FO, RE, MA, NQ, PL，PC.
For example, the bag's date code (SD0064) has the correct numbers, placement, and the correct stamping. As you can see from my breakdown below this bag is from 2004.
SD: Made in France;
1st & 3rd Numbers: Month of manufacturing – June;
2nd & 4th Numbers: Year of manufacturing – 2004.
3) Remember: The lettering on the date code should match the country listed on the outer tab. If your date code said “ LPxxxx”, but the outer tab said "made in USA" then you know it's a fake bag.
However one more thing, some LV bags have conflicting date codes because they are repaired abroad. Louis Vuitton never repeats date codes but adds a new one after repairmen.
6. Made In Tag
The "made in" tags are generally inside Louis Vuitton bags, but for Speedy bags, it's on the "tongue" on the edge of the bag that is actually on the outside. The registered trademark symbol (®) is slightly smaller on the authentic Louis Vuitton. As to the letter fonts, the biggest differences are "O" and “e”.
1) The real Louis Vuitton always has round and large "O" and it applies to all Louis Vuitton bags. On the fake bag, especially VUIT "O”N, the letter is not as round and full as the authentic one.
2) The lowercase "e" is quite difficult to stamp on because it is so small. It almost closes on the replica Louis Vuitton Speedy while there is plenty empty space on the authentic bag.
3) However, you also should note that some models of Speedy Bandouliere only have “LOUIS VUITTON PARIS” with no "made in xx”.
7. Chap & Stitching
LV bags almost always have perfect stitching and the numbers of stitching on a particular style are always the same. Speedy bags for example, there are two versions: new model and old model.
1） The old model has a flat chap and the small button is on a higher position above the stitching; new model has a more puffy chap and the small button is inside the stitching. The number of stitching is also different between the two versions. The older model, generally speaking, Monogram & Damier Azur have 5-4-5 stitches while Damier Ebene has 6-5-7 stitches.
2）Remember the signature Louis Vuitton stitching: each thread is the same length and it's slightly angled where the left is lower and the right is higher. However, for the fake Speedy Bandoulier, it's just a straight line with slightly thicker thread.
A typical Louis Vuitton Speedy bag will feature either gold-tone brass, silver-tone brass or plated base metal hardware. Similarly to the vachetta leather, Louis Vuitton hardware will age and darken with normal use. The hardware on an authentic LV Speedy is made from brass metal. When compared to a fake, authentic Louis Vuitton hardware has more of a bronze color and the replicas usually have a golden color.
The finish of the hardware is not an authentication standard, the imprints are. Authentic Louis Vuitton hardware studs, even the small once, have 'Louis Vuitton' embossed. The embossing should be detailed and fine. Fake embossing tend to be thick.
The imprints on the authentic button is much smoother than the replica one. The letters on the authentic button is much larger and closer to the edge. There are also noticeable differences with letters “U” and “S” as they are more “square” on the authentic button.
The brass studs on an authentic Louis Vuitton handbag also have 'Louis Vuitton' embossed. Contrary to the heat stamp, the 'O' on the hardware has a more oval shape. “0” instead of “O”.
Please note that some vintage Louis Vuitton Speedy bags DON'T have “Louis Vuitton” embossed on the studs.
2) Padlock and keys
The authentic padlock has a more matte finish. On the other side of the padlock is written LV. The intersecting letters LV must be perfectly stamped, where the end of the V never reaches the L. While on the other side, the inscription Louis Vuitton Paris, whereas the "O" letter is the shape of a circle and not oval.
The keys have a serial number, where you can use it, you can replace in a Louis Vuitton Shop.
Zipper pulls are typically a metal and leather tab combination that is adjoined with a branded stud. The leather pull-tab should be in the shape of a leaf and punched in order to feed a lock through it, which will lock the bag securely when closed.
1) The zippers are matte, have regular stitches on the side, and the color of the stitches is the same as the color of the light brown of the canvas and the zipper glides right through very easily.
2) The back-side of leather tab on the authentic Louis Vuitton speedy is made from real leather and is much more frayed whereas the fake zip is not. The "leather" handles and zipper pulls on the replica bag feel much more rigid and plastic on the picture below.
10. Size Stamp
The size of the Louis Vuitton Speedy bag (25, 30, 35, 40, 45) is stamped on the back side of the leather tab. Most replica Speedy bags don't have that and if they do, the size is not stamped but just painted on. Also pay close attention to structure of the back of the tab.
Please note that some vintage Louis Vuitton Speedy bags DON'T have the bag size stamped on the back side of the leather tab.
11. The Interior
1) Inside the bag there is a leather element with the metal element in the D letter shape. Leather element should overlap seam about half a centimeter.
2) In the original bags seams are perfectly straight and do not stand out, their colour perfectly matches the lining. Gold ring with the words Louis Vuitton is fixed closer to the edge where the D-ring is attached, on the fake bag, you will see that the circle is in the middle of the leather item .
3) The leather tab should be slightly oval, with the date code embossed and have brass hardware with 'Louis Vuitton' embossed. The fake Speedy leather tab is too long, the stitches overlap too much, and the position of the brass fittings is too high.
And the shape of the leather item is broader at the top and tapers downwardly and is slightly tapered towards the bottom.
The handles of an authentic Louis Vuitton Speedy bag are made from Vachetta leather (untreated cowhide leather) which will tan naturally as the bag ages. This process is called "Patina". Even if you don't use the bag the handles will get Patina! The inside of the handles of an authentic Louis Vuitton Speedy bag should have a dark burgundy red trim, which also will darken in time. However, most replica Louis Vuitton bags have a more lipstick red trim that doesn't darken in time. Please note that some fake Louis Vuitton bags now have a Patina look to make the bags look more real.
13. Packaging and Wrapping
1) An authentic Louis Vuitton bag should never be wrapped with plastic around the handle. Designer bags with plastic bags with handles are usually fake.
2) The real Louis Vuitton handbags do have labels, but they are only placed in the inner bag or dust bag of the handbag and NEVER attached to the bag itself with plastic or pins.
3) The authentic Louis Vuitton bags never come with a plastic (yellow) authenticity card.
LV Speedy Sizes
There are four sizes of the classic Monogram Louis Vuitton Speedy - Speedy 25 (25 X19 X15 cm), 30 (30 X21X17 cm), 35 (35X 23X 18 cm), 40 (40 X 25 X 19 cm). The 25, 30, 35 and 40 which reference the bag's length. The most popular model is Monogram (with LV logo).
Where To Buy LV Speedy Bag The Cheapest?
Louis Vuitton bags are available in Louis Vuitton boutiques worldwide and online. And you can also get a second-hand and vintage LV Speedy on some resale websites! Sign up at Extrabux.com, you can get up to 4.9% cash back on the second-hand LV Speedy bag purchase at these sites！
vestiairecollective.com ($8.5 - $10.5 cash back)
collectorsquare.com (Up to 4.9% cash back)
whatgoesaroundnyc.com (Up to 4% cash back)
Hermes Kelly Bag Real vs Fake Guide: How To Authenticate A Fake bag? (Sizes+7% Cashback)
Louis Vuitton Twist Bag Fake vs Real Guide: How to Know My Louis Vuitton is Authentic?
Louis Vuitton Wallet Fake vs Real Guide 2023: How to Know if a Sarah, Victorine, or ZIPPY Wallet is Real?
Chanel Wallet On Chain (WOC) Bag Real vs Fake: How to Tell If a Chanel Bag is Authentic? (Sale + 7% Cashback)
Gucci GG Marmont Bag Authentic vs Fake Guide: How to Tell a Real from a Fake? ( Sizes + Sale + 7% Cashback)
Gucci Jackie 1961 Real vs Fake Guide 2023: How to Spot A Fake Gucci Jackie?
Hermès Constance Real vs Fake: How To Spot A Fake Constance Bag? ( Sizes + Sale + 7% Cashback)
YSL Loulou Bag Real vs Fake Guide 2023：How to Spot a Fake? ( Sizes + Sale + 8% Cashback)
2023 Hermes Birkin Bag Fake vs. Real Guide: How to Authenticate A Birkin? (Sizes + Sale + 7% Cashback)
Louis Vuitton Alma BB Monogram Authentic vs Fake Guide 2023: How To Spot Fake from Real? (Sizes+7% Cashback)
YSL Niki Bag Real vs Fake Guide: How To Authenticate A Fake (Sale+8% Cashback)
Dior Book Tote Fake vs Real: How To Spot A Fake Guide (Sale+8% Cashback)
Louis Vuitton Neverfull Fake vs Real: How To Spot A Fake? (Sizes+Sale+6% Cashback)
14 Tips to Tell A Real Chanel Classic Flap Bag From A Fake (Sale+4.9% Cashback)
Dior Saddle Real vs Fake Guide: How To Spot A Fake 2023 (Sale+9% Cashback)
Dior 30 Montaigne Bag Real vs Fake Guide: How To Spot A Fake (Sizes+Sale+8% Cashback)
Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis Authentic vs Fake Guide : How To Spot A Fake (Sizes+4% Cashback)
Chanel Boy Bag Authentic vs Fake Guide (Sizes + Sale + 4.9% Cashback)
Gucci Dionysus Bag Fake vs Real: How To Tell A Real From A Fake? (Sale+7.5% Cashback)
Yeezy Boost 700 V2 Real vs Fake Guide: How To Spot A Fake Yeezy (Sale+10% Cashback)
Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Real vs Fake Guide: How To Tell If Yeezys Are Fake (Sale+10% Cashback)
Air Jordan 1 Real vs Fake Guide：How to Tell if Jordans are Real or Fake (Sale+6% Cashback)
Air Jordan 3 Real vs Fake Guide: How to Tell If Jordan 3 are Fake? (Sale+6% Cashback)
Gucci Belt Real vs Fake Guide 2023: How To Tell Original Gucci Belt From Fake? (Sale+7% Cashback)
Extrabux is an international cashback shopping site, offering up to 30% cashback from 10,000+ Stores!
24S, SSENSE, MATCHESFASHION.COM, Shopbop, NET-A-PORTER, FARFETCH, YOOX, Eastbay, End Clothing, Macys, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Bergdorf Goodman, Selfridges, Bloomingdales, Coggles, Harrods, Kohl's, Urban Outfitters, ASOS, Missguided, etc.
Join to get $20 welcome bonus now! (How does Welcome Bonus work?)
10 Best & Stylish Winter Coats for Women on NET-A-PORTER in 2023
Top 12 Items That Are Always Cheaper at Sam's Club!
Top & Best 12 Sneaker Apps/Websites for Raffles, Releases & Restocks in 2023
7 Best Gift Card Exchange Sites - Buy, Sell and Trade Discount Gift Card Safely and Instanly!
Top 9 Professional Skincare Brands for Licensed Estheticians 2023
Top in 3hrs
10 Sourest Candies in the World, Ranked 2023
“Sour Candy” is at the top of popularity charts right now.