Hermès Lindy Bag Fake vs Real Guide: How to Authenticate Fake Hermes Lindy? (Sizes + 7% Cashback)
1. The Appearance of Hermes Lindy Bag
The surface of the genuine Hermes Lindy is leather after special processing and screening, which is very soft and the leather texture is delicate.
Regardless of whether the bag is stuffed or not, the handles are pushed inward. The fake leather is usually hard and inferior. Not only is it thick and dull, it is also easily worn out during use, and the handles are always separated.
2. The Logo of Hermes Lindy Bag
1) An authentic Hermès bag has a label stamp -“HERMES PARIS MADE IN FRANCE” with clear lettering that is pressed into the bag's leather. The color of which should match the same color as hardware of the bag.
2) The font of logo is thick, flat and full. On the other hand, the fake fonts have lighter edges and insufficient clarity, and the fonts are either tall or thin or much thicker!
3. Hermes Serial Number / Date Code Stamp
Hermes Serial Number / Date Code stamps used by Hermès are embossed with a hot iron and are always placed on the inside, or a place where it cannot be seen from the outside. The first places you should look for the Hermès date stamps are:
On either side of the strap;
Inside of the bag;
Under the tab (depending on the model).
In general, each type of bag has its own specific area where the code can be found. However, this can change depending on the year.
2) Depending on the year of the bag, each Hermès will have a unique date stamp of of manufacture with a letter accompanied by either a circle, a square, or no shape depending on the year it was made. For your reference, I have included a chart of Hermès date stamps according to year below. The stamp will also feature the artisan's ID and an indicator of exotic skins if applicable.
From 1945 to 1970, there is no geometric shape on the outside of the engraving.
From 1971 to 1996, it was in a "○".
From 1997 to 2014, it was a "□".
3)Until 2015, Hermès used letters in alphabetical order surrounded by a shape to date their items. For example, Square Q is 2013, Square R is 2014. They now use a secret proprietary code using only a single letter with no shape and no obvious order to the sequence, and have moved the blind stamps to the interior of the bags.
Where is Hermes Lindy stamp?
The stamp of Lindy 26 or above is engraved on the leather strap, while the new mini lindy is engraved at the side of inner bag.
The year of manufacture of the genuine Lindy bag is clearly engraved, and the edges of the font are flat; while the imitation engraving is concave and deformed.
4. The Straps of Hermes Lindy Bag
There are four nails on the back of the straps. The authentic four nails do not touch the suture, and the imitation's are often pressed against the stitching.
5. The Zipper of Hermes Lindy Bag
Hermes Lindy uses high quality riri zippers. The bottom of the authentic zipper has clear riri marking. The metal is bronzed and the details between the zipper strips are very delicate. Most fakes do not have the riri lettering, or even if there are riri lettering, the markings are rough.
2) H Zip Stop
The Hermès zipper features an H at the zip stop. This is made of one piece and matches the rest of metal hardware. Fake Hermès bags use a clunky thick H that often features a seam where the two pieces are joined.
6. The Stitching
Every Hermes bag is handmade and hand stitched. The bag is made of durable leather with stunning grains and patterns that give each bag a distinct look.
1) Hermès uses the saddle stitch. This stitch has a natural slant to it. If the bag doesn't feature the saddle stitch, you should take it as a sign the bag is a fake. The stitching color should matche the color of the bag.
2) The stitching where the handle joins the bag is double stitched. Stitching is straight and even. If your bag features irregular seams or uneven/crooked stitching, then it is a fake Hermès bag.
7. The Feets
On the bottom of the bag, there will always be five feet that are hammered in. Counterfeiters often screw in the feet because that's faster and easier. And make sure they match the hardware on the rest of the bag: they should be the same metal in the same color.
8. The Hardware of Hermes Lindy Bag
1) The lettering of engraving 'HERMÈS-PARIS' should be fine and delicate with obvious spacing between the inner and outer rings. The right leg of the R word is far away from the left leg and has a slight curvature; while the font of the fake is thick and close to the inner and outer rings, the right leg of the R word is oblique and straight.
2) The toggle should have a smooth action. It should turn smoothly. Fakes often get this wrong and have a rough feel to the movement.
3）The inner ellipse of the genuine round buckle is polished finely and smoothly; while the counterfeit product is polished rough, with small jagged irregularities.
9. The Hermes Authenticity Card
Hermes never put authenticity cards inside. An exotic skin Hermes will come with a CITES certificate though so look for that. Many fake Hermes Birkin and Kelly bags come with these orange plastic credit cards that say 'Hermes' on them. If the bag comes with one of these cards, it's definitely a fake.
10. The Dust Bag
1) The dust bag is of a high quality, as the bag itself is, and will feature a high neat stitch count.The real logo of the dust bag has a double circle on the outside and if you take a closer look you will notice the difference in the font for the H, also the circle surrounding the H is different. The line underneath the horse and the carriage, there are two lines under the real one, but in the fake, there is only one single line. There are finer details in the horse as well so you have to pay attention to the logo of the real one and you can find the differences by yourself.
2) The color of the dust bag will vary depending on the year. For example, vintage dust bags are a tan velour, newer dust bags are orange cotton flannel, and post-2007 dust bags are a beige and light brown Herringbone Toile. Nowadays the color is a light beige with a dark brown Hermes logo on it. Whereas in the fake Hermes, dust bags often come in a grey color and feature a burgundy colored stamp. The authentic dust bag it's heavier and thicker, whereas the fake one is much thinner, smoother and limp.
3) The drawstring on the dust bag is also brown and should be made of 100% cotton.
11. Hermes Box Real vs Fake
The Hermes ties always come in the signature orange box never in a plastic bag. If you get the box, inspect it meticulously. First of all, it has the signature Hermes orange that fakers often get wrong. The logo in the box is not super huge and measures just about 2.3 centimeters or just under an inch from the H to the S. Also, look at the font itself, the logo, as well as anything below it because fakers oftentimes get that wrong. Note the spokes on the wheels, there are many spokes in there which is, in fact, different from the spokes you can see on the labels.
12. Hermes Lindy Bag Sizes
The Lindy was originally produced in four sizes, the smallest of which was the 26cm version. Two medium sizes gave added customizability at 30cm and 34cm. Lastly a large 'voyage' size was added at 45cm, mainly for short sprints of travel. In their Fall/Winter 2019 runway show, Hermès debuted the most recent Lindy size: the 20cm Mini.
|Hermès Lindy 20 (Mini)||19.5 cm L x 12.5 cm H x 9.5 cm D|
|Hermes Lindy 26||26 cm L x 18 cm H x 13 cm D|
|Hermes Lindy 30||30 cm L x 21 cm H x 15 cm D|
|Hermes Lindy 34||34 cm L x 22 cm H x 17.5 cm D|
|Hermes Lindy 45||45 cm L x 26 cm H x 26 cm D|
Where To Buy New And Second-hand Hermès Lindy The Cheapest?
Hermès bag are available in Hermès boutiques worldwide. And you can also get a second-hand and vintage Hermès bags on some resale websites! Sign up at Extrabux.com, you can get up to 7% cash back on the Hermès bag purchase at these sites！
vestiairecollective.com (6-7% cashback)
collectorsquare.com (4-4.9% cashback)
farfetch.com (1.5-2% cashback)
Top in 3hrs
Korean, Japanese, Malaysian......