Gucci Jackie 1961 Bag Real vs Fake Guide 2024: How to Spot a Fake Gucci Jackie Bag?
The Gucci Jackie is a classic investment bag. It’s been coveted by style icons for over 50 years and has remained a signature style at the fashion house. It's a big influencer for fashion lovers. Over the decades since its debut, the Jackie Bag has been altered slightly to create a new generation of Jackie Bags to fit the needs of the modern-day woman. To authenticate the Gucci Jackie 1961 bag, you can start by checking the overall look, material, size, color, serial number, hardware, stitching and more. In this real vs fake guide, I will tell you how to spot a fake Gucci Jackie bag. And at the end of the article, I will recommend you a few websites to buy new and second-hand Gucci Jackie 1961 bags for the cheapest!
1. The Overall Look of Gucci Jackie 1961 Bag
1) The original Jackie bag was designed in the 1950s, and its hobo shape was popular in the bohemian '60s and '70s. It was famously reinvented by Gucci creative directors Tom Ford in 1999 and Frida Giannini in 2009. Tom Ford brought back the piece by replacing the classic piston lock and creating slightly harsher lines that were trendy for the early 2000s. The recognizable shape is presented in GG Supreme canvas, jacquard denim or leather and enhanced with an additional, detachable shoulder strap. Attached to the bag with a buckle closure, the second strap adds a contemporary feel to the archival style, providing new ways to wear.
2) The overall shape and size of the original bag are different. Replica factories always fail to copy the shape and size well: as you can see, the real shape is more rectangle-like; Even though its bottom is wide, there is not as harsh of a difference between the top and the bottom as it is in the fake.
3) The original bag's print has warmer undertones as its grey is more on the light brown side rather than white as it is on the fake model.
4) The brown leather on the original model is super smooth, textureless whereas the faux leather seems to be grainy and textured with less vibrant color.
The font and lettering are different: the letters on the unauthentic model are larger and thinner when they are supposed to be rounder smaller and closer to one another. The same thing applies to the dots too.
2. Material of Gucci Jackie 1961 Bag
The Jackie has been introduced and reimagined in various materials that are as iconic as the bag itself. From GG canvas to leather and suede with web details, this bag has come in many combinations that show its significance to Gucci. It also has been offered in exotics such as python and ostrich, as well as limited edition pieces.
Gucci GG Supreme Canvas
1）Gucci Jackie bags with theGG Supreme Canvas style will feature the familiar pattern that has the iconic double GG logo. Inspect the consistency and spacing of this pattern. The G on the left should be forward facing and the G on the right should be backward and upside down. Fake Gucci monogram bags will have irregularities upon closer inspection, like different sized Gs and inconsistent spacing.
2）In the authentic Gucci Jackie canvas bag, you will see the horizontal line in the G (called a serif) is longer and more defined. You can make out both of the serif extending from the curved line of the G. But the serif going inside the G is longer, while the one outside it is shorter. The serif on the fake monogram canvas looks a bit shorter and less defined.
Gucci's Premium Leather
1) Authentic Gucci Horsebit leather bags are made from the finest quality leather and materials. The leather is sturdy, but not too supple, which means it won’t scuff easily and will retain a firm shape. While fake leather may seem genuine from afar, there will be several signs of fabrication. Cheap, synthetic leather will look unnaturally perfect because it is machine-made.
2) Real leather will have imperfections on its surface grain, and also has a natural musty smell, while fake leather bags will have a chemical or plastic smell. Fake leather will also feel rubbery, instead of smooth and buttery.
Gucci GG Jacquard Denim
GG Jacquard Denim is a 100% cotton fabric. Using denim threads, the GG logo is reproduced all-over by jacquard weaving: a thread in classic denim 'indigo' colour is used for the warp and a white one for the weft to highlight the logo. Finally, in order to achieve a used and retro appearance, the fabric is lightly piece-dyed, giving an aged effect and body to the fabric; this also ensures that each piece is unique.
Saving Tip: If you like online shopping, don't forget to sign up at Extrabux.com！(What is Extrabux) , then you can enjoy up to 30+% cashback on your purchase from Extrabux! Sign-Up Bonus: Free to join it & get $20 welcome bonus!
3. The Leather Label & Logo Lettering of Gucci Jackie 1961
1) Almost all Gucci bags will have a leather tab located at the top of the inside of the bag (along the inner stitching) that displays the brand name with the registered trademark and the words “GUCCI made in italy”. Firstly, the colour of the leather tab must match the colour of the leather on the bag. The leather tab should be a rectangular or square shape.
2) The authentic label in Gucci Jackie 1961 bag has been cut out perfectly without any flaw; It's much darker and grainy in the real tag which points out its durability; Stitching has been done very tightly and evenly too. On the other hand, the leather of the fake tag is light and almost textureless therefore it is not as high quality as the original one; Each stitch on the fake label is different in size and each stitch on the fake label is sloppy.
The lettering of the Gucci logo
The tag will feature the word GUCCI embossed in all uppercase letters with a trademark symbol and the words “made in italy” below respectively. The G will be rounded the same as the CC, while the U is thicker on the left side and thins out on the right side.
On vintage bags from the '90s, the leather tags were rounded at the sides, displayed no trademark sign, and had “MADE IN ITALY” written out in all uppercase letters.
1) The font of the fake is also mismatched as it is supposed to be larger with bigger spaces between the letters. A trademark symbol at the top of the tag (although very occasionally it will be missing).
2) The words "made in italy" at the bottom. The words are all lowercase and in the same font as the name of the company just above it.
The G is very round; if the line continued, it almost forms an O.
The serifs on the G are equal, unlike the interlocking Gs.
The two sides of the U are different; the left side is thick and the right side is thin.
The Cs are very round, like the G.
4. Authentic Gucci Jackie Bag Serial Number
The back face of the leather tag will be stamped with the serial number. This is one of the best and easiest ways to determine the authenticity of the Gucci bag and distinguish real from fake. There will never be letters included in this serial number. The font is not overly modern and the numbers do feature serif details.
1) Based on the age of the bag, Gucci uses 10-12 numbers in the two rows - with no more than six numbers in each row.
2) The numbers of the first row show the style number and the numbers in the second row shows the supplier code, the factory where the product was manufactured. These numbers may change because of the year production or the type of the product.
3) In this case the font clearly is different. The numbers on original bags are supposed to be thinner and smaller, not bold and large like on the fake bag.
5. Gucci QR Code Check (Quick Response)
Keep in mind that new bags (2016-) also have a label on the inside of the bag with a QR code. QR codes are a more recent addition to Gucci bags in the fight against counterfeiters. Offering a type of barcodes that holds relevant information, these codes can be scanned on your smartphone (methods vary across types of smartphones being used) to ensure the handbag's authenticity.
They can be found on a small black fabric loop inside your Gucci bag. The code will be printed clearly with white font and a 10-digit code. And there is no stitching to the fabric whatsoever.
6. The Stitching of Gucci Jackie 1961 Bag
1) Gucci is reknowned for its immaculate craftsmanship. The stitching should be very even, perfectly spaced and aligned. There should not be any double stitching, torn stitches, knots in the thread, or loose stitches where counterfeiters had to stop and rethread the machine. The stitch length as well as the distance from one line to the other should all be uniform.
2) The thread should also be the exact same colour as the bag itself. For example, if the bag is primarily a light brown canvas, the colour of the stitching should also be the same shade of light brown.
7. The Hardware of Gucci Jackie 1961 Bag
1) The signature“piston”clasp is the only real hardware on the Jackie 1961 bag, resulting in a clean and classic design. GUCCI logo is printed on it.
2) The original buckle is shinier with vibrant golden color, whereas its color on the fake model is more rose-gold. The size of it is larger than it is supposed to be which gives it a cheap look. The letters of logo need to be rounder and bigger on fake, instead of small, gap-less letters. Scratches are also hard to unsee on the unauthentic metal.
8. The Handle of Gucci Jackie 1961 Bag
1) Gucci Jackie bag is equipped with a removable and adjustable strap, so it can be worn several ways-handheld, tucked right under your arm, as a crossbody, and as a shoulder bag, making it extremely versatile.
2) The leather of the original bag is super shiny which gives it a glossy look, while the leather of the fake model is matte. The hardware is completely different too: dark golden on the authentic handle whereas it's super light and low quality in the fake bag. The stitches are tightly done on the original handbag, they are super sloppy on the fake handle.
9. The Box and Dust bag of Gucci Bag
1) The box should have the logo "Gucci" and so do the dust bag. The material, color and the shape of the writing are details that you should not avoid.
2) Real Gucci bags come with specific packaging. They will never be wrapped in plastic. If the bag is wrapped in plastic, it's fake.
3) The Real Gucci products are sold with two types of dust bags. The colors of which have varied over the years. The bags are either dark or light brown or black. The dust bag will have the double G logo or have the name "Gucci" written in gold lettering across the front of the bag. The dust bags are will have a silky smooth feel with a drawstring (the same colour as the dust bag) on both of the top corners. There will be a tag located on the inside (63% viscose/rayon and 37% polyester).
4) Although some counterfeiters also place their merchandise in dust bags, boxes, or paper bags, the imitation packaging will exhibit signs of cheap materials and production.
10. Gucci Jackie 1961 Sizes
There is no one type of sizing for the Gucci Jackie Bag. Through its many iterations and redesigns, it has never had a specific size scale. Due to this, each version that has been released typically has two sizes available that often translate to "mini",“small" , “medium” or “large.” Occasionally, an XL or Maxi version will be introduced, but these sizes are few and far between. These sizes are typically based on the measurement standards that Gucci uses internally.
Gucci Jackie Mini size
7.5"W x 5.1"H x 1.2"D
Gucci Jackie Small size
11"W x 7.5"H x 1.8"D
Gucci Jackie Medium size
14"W x 9.6/9.8"H x 1.8"D
Where To Buy Gucci Jackie Bag The Cheapest?
Gucci Jackie bags are available in Gucci boutiques worldwide and online. And you can also get a second-hand and vintage Gucci Jackie bags on some resale websites! Sign up at Extrabux.com, you can get up to 7% cash back on the second-hand Gucci Jackie bag purchase at these websites！
vestiairecollective.com (6- 7% cash back)
whatgoesaroundnyc.com (3-4% cash back)
collectorsquare.com (4-4.9% cash back)
10 Best & Stylish Winter Coats for Women on NET-A-PORTER in 2024
Top & Best 12 Sneaker Apps/Websites for Raffles, Releases & Restocks in 2024
7 Best Gift Card Exchange Sites - Buy, Sell and Trade Discount Gift Card Safely and Instanly!
Top 9 Professional Skincare Brands for Licensed Estheticians 2024
13 Best Luxury Online Shopping Sites with Highest Cashback in 2024 (Coupon Code+Sale+14% Cashback)
Up to 14% Cashback!