2022 Louis Vuitton Twist Bag Fake vs Real Guide: How to Know My Louis Vuitton is Authentic?
1. The Overall Look of Louis Vuitton Twist Bag
Crafted from the House's emblematic Epi leather, the Twist MM chain bag features the nowiconic lV Twist lock, a sculptural signature in gleaming golden metal. Unexpectedly roomy thanks to the cleverly designed "wave" base, this beautifully made bag is a fashionable day-to-evening companion. Light and supple, the Twist's delicate chain easily glides to be worn on the shoulder or cross-body.
2. The Leather of LV Twist Bag
1) Most of LV Twist bags are fashioned in the Maison's Iconic Epi Grained Cowhide Leather and Microfiber lining. A key characteristic of Epi leather is its durability and ability to withstand any weather condition. And the matt, smooth appearance are common characteristics or Classic Epi leather.
2) If we compare the real and fake LV Twist, we can notice how shiny the fake bag's leather is with scratch-like print. It needs to be more matte, with more subtle lines as shown in the real one.
Money Saving Tip: If you like online shopping, don't forget to sign up at Extrabux！(What is Extrabux) , then you can enjoy up to 30+% cashback on your purchase from Extrabux! Sign-Up Bonus: Free to join it & get $20 welcome bonus! Student Benefits：As long as you are a student at school, you can get a free whole year long VIP Card worth $199.
Extrabux.com cooperates with many merchants, such as: Walmart (Up to 4% cashback), Sephora（4% -5% cash back)，Dior (Up to 6% cash back), Moosejaw (5% -6% cash back), LOOKFANTASTIC (Up to 10% cash back), Microsoft (Up to 7% cash back) and so on.You can save on buying daily necessities, fashion, beauty, electronic products, broadband installation, mobile communication, air tickets, hotels and other aspects of life!
3. The Flap of LV Twist Bag
1) The fake flap not only is much smaller but also narrower and super thin. It doesn't hide as much of the bag's area as it does on the authentic model, making it look like this flap was made for a smaller bag.
2) Another detail of fake is the lower edges that are a little rounded instead of perfectly straight whereas the original bag creates a flawless rectangle with its shape.
3) The metal Louis Vuitton logo on the flap is small, sharp, and reflective, the fake logo is much bigger, doesn't replicate the same shape, and is more matte too.
4. The Metal Logo of LV Twist Bag
The emblematic metal LV Twist-Lock Pivots to form a V in reference to the Founder's Initials.
The replica logo is narrower and smaller.The letter L on the fake logo is put a little sideways hiding the lower corner of the V which is shown on the authentic bag.The original bag's logo fills in the cut-out part, whereas there is a huge space left in the fake one.
5. The Side of LV Twist Bag
Take a look at a bag from the side: you can see how there is a curve on the lower side of the model giving it an additional spice, but counterfeiters decided to go a little extra by making this curve even bigger. There is a space between the side and outline, giving us an impression of the pieces coming apart.
6. Vuitton Twist Bag Strap & Logo Heat Stamp
1) First of all, the stitching at the top and at the bottom sides of the strap. You can notice how the threads are too thick and too big on the fake bag. Also, the fake bag has its stitches misplaced, as some of the threads are placed higher and lower than the rest of the threads.
While the real bag's stitching is thinner and shorter. You can notice how they are perfectly positioned, as all of the threads are placed in a perfectly straight line.
2) Then, look at the strap's inscription, the“® / LOUIS VUITTON / PARIS” text has the wrong thickness on the fake Louis Vuitton Twist bag. The genuine Louis Vuitton Twist bag, you can notice how its same inscriptions look thinner and fit less deep into the leather than the fake bag's text. The fake Twist bag's inscriptions are too thick, as they were fit too deep into the leather of the strap.
1) Look at the shininess of the chains. Most of the fake LV Twist bags usually have their chainlinks too shiny and reflecting too much light. On the other hand, the real LV Twist bag has its chainlinks less shiny, as they reflect less light than the fake bag's chains.
2) Look at the text on the Louis Vuitton Twist bag's buttons. The fake bag has its “LOUIS VUITTON ®” text looking too thick, while the same inscription seen on the real button is thinner.
3) Let's focus on the tubular-shaped hardware piece that holds the “LV” little inscription.You can see how the fake “LV” text is too thin, as the legs of the letters on the left side of the logo are too narrow. As for the genuine bag, all of the legs have the same font-weight, which is higher than the fake bag's thickness for the “LV” text.
1) Logo and “made in" Tag is inside the bag. The made in tag consists of "®" on the first line, "LOUIS VUITTON" on the second line, "PARIS" on the third, "made in xx country" on the last line. All lines are centered, "LOUIS VUITTON PARIS" are always in uppercase and "made in" are always in lowercase. The registered trademark symbol (®) is slightly smaller on the authentic Louis Vuitton.
2) Letters on the authentic label are thick and bold which emphasizes the brand's name and where it was made. On the other hand, the fake letters are much narrower and paler.
3) Stitching is a problem too, as the original label has a special sewing pattern that the counterfeit model didn't replicate very accurately.
9. Louis Vuitton Date Code
Louis Vuitton Date codes are always located on the different parts of the bag. The most typical but not exclusive can be pockets (next to the sewing). The date code can be stamped on a leather tag inside, to the lining or to the vachetta (white leather) parts.
Louis Vuitton Date Code is a combination of numbers and characters. The letters indicate the country where the item was produced, and the numbers indicate the month/year of the production date. Unlike Chanel bag serial number, LV date code is not unique and cannot be considered a serial number. If you google the date code, your bag should pop up and if it doesn't happen, take it as a big red flag.
1) The format of the date codes
Prior to early 1980s：No date codes.
Early 1980s: Three or four numbers with the first two numbers representing the year and last number(s) representing the month.
Early to late 1980s：Three or four numbers followed by two letters with the first two numbers representing the year, the next number(s) representing the month and the last two letters representing the country.
1990 to 2006:Two letters followed by four numbers with the first two letters representing the factory location, the first and third numbers representing the month and the second and fourth numbers representing the year.
2007 to now: Two letters followed by four numbers with the first two letters representing the factory location, the first and third numbers representing the week of the year, and the second and fourth numbers representing the year.
2) Louis Vuitton Factory Location Codes:
France: A0, A1, A2, AA, AAS (Special Order), AH, AN, AR, AS, BA, BJ, BU, DR, DU, DR, DT, CO, CT, CX, ET, FL, LW, MB, MI, NO, RA, RE(also Italy), RI, SD (also USA), SF, SL, SN, SP, SR, TJ, TH, TR, TS, VI, VX.
Germany: LP, OL. Italy BC, BO, CE, FO, MA, OB, PL, RC, RE, SA, TD.
Spain: BC, CA, LO, LB, LM, LW, GI, UB.
Switzerland: DI, FA (also Italy).
USA: FC, FH, LA, OS, SD, FL.
Italy: BO, CE, FA, FO, RE, MA, NQ, PL，PC.
For example, the bag's date code (SD0064) has the correct numbers, placement, and the correct stamping. As you can see from my breakdown below this bag is from 2004.
SD: Made in France;
1st & 3rd Numbers: Month of manufacturing – June;
2nd & 4th Numbers: Year of manufacturing – 2004.
3) Remember: The lettering on the date code should match the country listed on the outer tab. If your date code said “LPxxxx”, but the outer tab said "made in USA" then you know it's a fake bag.
However one more thing, some LV bags have conflicting date codes because they are repaired abroad. Louis Vuitton never repeats date codes but adds a new one after repairmen.
10. The Stitching
1) Remember the signature Louis Vuitton stitching: each thread is the same length and it's slightly angled where the left is lower while the right is higher.
2) Stitching on the fake bag is done with the thinnest thread, which of course can not hold the pieces together as securely. The stitching pattern isn't as great either, as it is asymmetrical and a little loose. The real Louis Vuitton Twist bag's stitches are thicker and bulkier than the stitches seen on the fake Twist bag.
11. Packaging Box and Dust Bag
The main difference that appears on the packaging bag is the font. Letters are much thicker and bolder on the authentic one, while they are super thin on the fake.
1) An authentic Louis Vuitton bag should never be wrapped with plastic around the handle. Designer bags with plastic bags with handles are usually fake.
2) The real Louis Vuitton handbags do have labels, but they are only placed in the inner bag or dust bag of the handbag and NEVER attached to the bag itself with plastic or pins.
3) The authentic Louis Vuitton bags never come with a plastic (yellow) authenticity card.
12. Louis Vuitton Twist Bag Sizes:
The Twist is offered in sizes MM and PM and Mini.
|MM||9.1 x 6.7 x 3.7 inches (length x Height x Width)|
|PM||7.5 x 5.9 x 3.5 inches|
|Mini||6.1 x 4.9 x 2.8 inches|
Where To Buy Louis Vuitton Twist Bag The Cheapest?
Louis Vuitton bags are available in Louis Vuitton boutiques worldwide and online. And you can also get a second-hand and vintage LV Twist bag on some resale websites! Sign up at Extrabux.com, you can get up to 4.9% cash back on the second-hand LV Twist bag purchase at these sites！
vestiairecollective.com ($8.5 - $10.5 cash back)
collectorsquare.com (4% - 4.9% cash back)
farfetch.com (1.5-2% cash back)
13 Best Luxury Online Shopping Sites with Highest Cashback in 2022 (Coupon Code+Sale+14% Cashback)
Up to 14% Cashback!
Coach vs. Kate Spade vs. Michael Kors Bag: Which Brand is the Best? (History, Quality, Price & Design)
Up to 12% Cashback!
What Percentage of Retinol is Best Suited to Your Skin?
Up to 15% Cashback!
Reviews & Swatches: 7 Popular MAC Matte Lipstick Shades 2022
Up to 6% Cash Back
Top in 3hrs
Contains the best hot chips!
Top in 24hrs
Korean, Japanese, Malaysian......