- Both adults and kids needs enough and good sleep to keep health and have a productive day. How much sleep time do we need? How to have a good sleep? Here are 6 healthy habits for you and your kids.
How Much Sleep Time do We Need?
According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), and the Millpond Children’s Sleep Clinic, human in different stages require different sleep times. In the space of 24 hours, we need the following amount of sleep time.
6 Healthy Habits for You and Your Kids
To have a good sleep, you should take following tips:
1. Keep a regular routine
A regular routine applies for waking, meal, nap, play, work or study, and sleep time. Both you and your child will feel relaxed and comfortable with a consistent bedtime routine. Especially around bedtime, do the same routine, maybe a bath, story, family time or relax music.
2. Parents are examples for children
Your children constantly learn from your actions. Be their role model and show them good bedtime and morning habits. Parents should ask kids how they slept in the morning to express how important sleep is. Of course, do not blame them before sleep.
3. Strict screen time
Nowadays, ipads, iphones, electronic games etc. takes both adults and kids most spare times. According to statistics and researches, screen time too much do bad to our sleep, work and studies. So keep computers, TVs, laptops, tablets and phones out of our bedrooms are important.
4. Have extra 5 minutes of sleep
Extra 5 minutes of sleep does not means lazy. We all do still need a lot of sleep, and our energy usage is very high physically and mentally. All parents should know that kids need more sleep than adults, so let them sleep more.
5. Be mindful of out-of-school activities
As parents, it’s your job to be aware of how active your children are, especially with afternoon and evening sports, lessons and play dates. Too much activity can present a challenge for their sleep if not enough time is spent winding down at the end of the day .
6. Get active with your child
Play outside, go for a walk, pay a visit to a museum or other interesting activities are important for both parents and kids. Throughout the day, help them use their bounding energy by being active with your kids.
5 recommended websites for kids activities
1. Groupon: Here you can get kids spare time lessons like drawing, swimming, hose riding and more with savings. Musuems and theme parks also have discounts here.
2. LivingSocial: a semilar website with groupon, and parents can save a lot here with sports, family funs and tickets.
3. CheapTickets: If you want to take your kids to a concerts, theatre or sport games, you can find cheap tickets here.
4. StubHub: Another tickets prodivers where you can buy and sell sports tickets, concert tickets, theater tickets and Broadway tickets
5. National Parks Service: In United States, there are 392 National Parks—protected land for you to enjoy.Most residents of the U.S. have at least one National Park as close as a bike-, train-, bus- or car ride away. National Parks offer affordable family exploration. Active military can enjoy U.S. National Parks for free.
Take your kids for trips during holidays are recommended. Get discounts on travel from Extrabux.
6-Day CA Road Trip Itinerary: 12 Best Stops from Los Angeles to San Francisco
Reviews & Swatches: 8 Popular MAC Matte Lipstick Shades
What is Salicylic Acid? 8 Best Salicylic Acid Products for Acne Treatment
Air Jordan Release Dates: 2019 Fall/Winter - Early 2020 Launch Calendar
A Definitive Guide to Every Air Jordan Release
6 Ways to Save on Books, Get FREE or Cheap Books
Top in 3hrs
Top in 24hrs
Up to 8,500 JPY OFF (Approx. 80USD) + 5% Cashback (US Orders Only)!
Up to 35% Off
Up to 45% Off
Extra 30% off beauty & SPA