Senior PHP Software Engineer
Senior PHP Software Engineer for High-Growth Online Shopping Company
THE JOB — Full-time Senior PHP Software Engineer
THE COMPANY — Extrabux.com. We’ve grown 5x in the last year and are on pace to generate $25 million in online sales this Q4.
“One of San Diego’s 25 Coolest Companies” – San Diego Venture Group
PAY — $90-130k (compensation will depend on skill level and work experience)
LOCATION — Pacific Beach, San Diego.
– 5+ years professional software development experience
– 2+ years PHP experience
– Experience overcoming significant scalability challenges
– A tendency to produce better code, with efficient solutions in less time than your peers. . .aka Rockstar status
– Server side experience is a plus
– Experience with Java is a plus
RESPONSIBILITIES — Your job responsibilities will generally be dependent on your skill sets and passions. With a flexible team of engineers in place you have the freedom to work on the projects that you want to work on; projects where you will be challenged but have the skills to take on the work and achieve your flow. Some examples of projects you may work on:
– Personalization/Recommendation engine for coupons, stores and products
– Search algorithm improvements through user behavior and machine learning
– AWS Automation
– Building out services layer
– Improve user engagement through smart gamification (no badges!)
– Unit testing
– Site-wide speed improvements
– . . .Plus any awesome ideas you come up with
– Flex time
– Jeans/shorts + t-shirt dress code (if that counts as a dress code)
– Two huge monitors and a fast machine (and optional standing desk)
– Health Benefits, HSA, 401(k), Stock Options
– Free meals at office..YUM
– Possible international travel
– Work with brilliant hard-working people on a day to day basis
COOL TECHNOLOGY — Every day Extrabux facilitates thousands of online transactions, offering hundreds of thousands of Extrabux users cash back on nearly every purchase they make online. To build its unique comparison shopping engine, Extrabux ingests over 100,000,000 products (~70gb) daily from over 2,500 of the largest online retailers. Our engine is the first to integrate discounts from coupons and cash back to find consumers lower prices than any other shopping engine. We work with big technologies like Hadoop, Solr and Mongo in the cloud on 50+ servers and leverage the zend framework and the LAMP stack to build Extrabux.com and our REST API. Our unique technology was showcased during the keynote presentation at the Hadoop Summit by Amazon Web Services.
THE TEAM: FUN, SOCIAL, LAID BACK, SMART, HARD-WORKING, HEALTHY — Extrabux’s rapid 5x year over year growth has been supported and accelerated by the high quality people on the team and a technology built to scale. We’re a small team of 15 people and are hiring fast. We’re passionate about building innovative technology, working with great people, helping shoppers save lots of money, and having fun every step of the way. Extrabux has been featured on Good Morning America, ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, The Wall Street Journal, SmartMoney, MoneyWatch, TIME Moneyland, Mashable, CNN Money, Lifehacker, and the two founders were recently honored at the White House as two of the top 100 entrepreneurs under 30.
THE DEV TEAM — Extrabux has a team of 4 exceptional senior software engineers and is looking to hire another 2 software engineering rockstars. Our team today includes engineers with a wide range of skills and experiences. The flexibility of our team allows us to put software engineers on the projects they are most interested in. At Extrabux you will be challenged, you will learn from your work and your peers, and you will contribute every day to the success and growth of the company and to yourself as both an engineer and an owner.
If you’d like to learn more about us, check us out at Extrabux.com.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to jobs(at)extrabux(dot)com.